Background

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pillowcase Keepsake

Our grandmas live far away, one we only get to see once a year.
Because we see her so rarely, I try to think of something to give her that will be a reminder of us and how much we love her.

THIS time we made a hand print pillow

I found soft flannel and traced the kids' hand prints onto the fabric with a pen, then had them write their names below it.


I think embroidered the traced hand prints and their names just the way they had written them.
I sewed it into a pillow case and put a soft new pillow inside.

Grandmas LOVE pillows and they LOVE their grandkids' hands.
I promise!

The good thing today: I stink at sewing, but my mom did teach me how to thread a machine and a needle.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails