Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

FHE sign and red damask!

I've procrastinated making a FHE sign because I never knew how many kids we were going to end up with and I refuse to have the wrong number of spaces AND I wanted one that blended in with the surrounding decor. (I KNOW huge run-on sentence!)

Here's what I came up with!
I used vinyl from KimberleSue Designs here

Took an 8"x12" board, spray painted it red. Modge Podged a thick paper border.
Bought some magnetic tape from Hobby Lobby and stuck a bit under each "job"

I then bought some Toile scrapbook paper and cut out a cute little person for each of us and Modge Podged it to little wood circles also from Hobby Lobby.

Did a little "antiquing" with watered down brown paint and Modge Podged again!
May it last for MANY years!

Took an old clock and painted it red and used the same paper for an outside border.

It's a small pic but I also used the same paper for the "LOVE" letters. . .

and the Bon Appetit on the top of my cupboards!

Pretty sure if it is was legal to marry paper I would do it . . . and if I wasn't already married.

The good thing today: I still have about 200 feet of it left!
Just think of all the places I could stick it!

Teresa

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails