Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

Fruit Pizza!

I got experimental one night and made fruit Pizza for dinner.

Start with a batch of cookie dough, here is my coveted recipe (it's a secret k?)

1 cup sugar
1 cup softened butter
3 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Bake at 400 degrees. (7min for normal cookies but 12 mins for these)

This makes enough for 5 "dinner" plate sized pizza/cookie

Divide dough into 5 equal sized balls

Remember to "Pam" the plate and squish the dough out.
The kids LOVED doing this.

Now put the kids to work! I dug through my cupboards and fridge and came up with all kinds of stuff, the boys were excited I actually let them cut something up.

Grapes, bananas, strawberries, apples, marshmallows, almonds, get creative.

The frosting/sauce is 8oz softened cream cheese, bit of vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar.
Let the kids spread the frosting and their own pizza.


obviously we helped her ;)



The good thing today: not a single person whined about dinner . . . music to my ears!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails