Background

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Be a happy mother!

One of my favorite movies of all time is "The Trouble With Angels."

One part in particular struck me the last time I watched . . .

it's about being a mother.


While I DO want to die wealthy I don't want to die young ;)
My favorite line is when Mother Superior is hugging the crying elderly woman and she says:
"Be happy. That's the greatest gift a mother can give her children"
I think it's easy to be hard on ourselves, and heaven knows many of us are plagued with body image issues and low self esteem.

You must remember children are sponges and you are the role model they will emulate.

Be happy for them.
Be confident.
Love yourself.
Smile.


No mother wants to pass along her insecurities to her children, but you will.
When you have a minute read "A Mother Heart" by Julie Beck


The good thing today: my son said he likes my soft tummy.
(In my head I said "well that makes one of us!" but I thanked him anyway)
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails