Background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The case of the missing check card!

In an attempt to hurry and pick up some jeans for my sprouting 5 year old I loaded the kids into the car and headed to Walmart, sans purse. That means stuffing my check card into my pocket.

We headed to the clothes section which looks like this:

A sea of racks, clothes and shelves!
After about 30 minutes of bargain hunting I noticed my card was gone.
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! seriously?!

I retraced my steps through the maze of clothes and no sign of the card.
Until . . .

Jinkies! (if you have children you know that's what Velma says when she finds a clue)
I found my old receipt on the ground near a rack just like this one. The receipt was with the card. My oldest boy (who's 7) starting whining . . . can't we just go look at costumes?

I try to not freak out and tell him I'm looking for my gold money card. At this point I'm ready to call security. I turn around and there he is pulling my card out of his pocket. My jaw hit the ground.

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?!

no where . . .

DID YOU PICK IT UP OFF THE GROUND AND STICK IT IN YOUR POCKET?!

no . . . I just found it

WHAT MADE YOU THINK YOU COULD TAKE IT?!

I just wanted it

We had a nice long (mostly one way) discussion about stealing and lying and skipped the costumes. My son . . . the thief.

The good thing today: I didn't go to security and make a stink . . . that would have been humiliating!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails