Background

Monday, October 4, 2010

Float Pool

I am a float pool nurse. That means I work:

Med/Surg
Cardiac
ICU
ER
OB
Nursery
NICU
Rehab

and I have the privilege of maintaining the huge amount of certifications and eduction hours to work these floors. Needless to say: I don't get bored!

My Sunday night as a Float Pool Nurse:

1900 arrive at work and assigned to rehab.
Because I'm the float nurse I get the patient's the other nurses don't want or are just tired of.
My glasses fall off my face into a bunch of urine . . . gross!
(Guess I won't be using those the rest of the night!)

2300 transfered to ER because they are getting slammed and REALLY need me
(at least that's what I'm told)
I run for 45 minutes before getting transfered to ICU

2345 Clock in at ICU
Deal with a drug overdose
Called a Mother F$%#@r exactly 36 times
Spit at and nearly bit.
I actually had to use the line "you can pull on those restraints all you want, but in the end I WILL win!"

0730 clock out and head for home, VERY grateful my replacement was on time ;)

While it was a bit more exhausting than usual it still was a typical night! Yikes right?!

The good thing today: the only red liquid I got on my scrubs was Crystal Lite!

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Ugggh. I got blood on my scrubs on Saturday. But the good thing is, prior to that, the last bad scrub stain was charcoal 2 years ago. Not a bad clean streak!

    I love your good thing blog, Teresa. It helps me put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails