Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lunch With Jesus

Working with preemies can be stressful.
Sometimes they don't like to breathe,
sometimes their heart wants to take a little break,
and sometimes they need some convincing to stay here on earth.


One night in perticular I spent my night trying to keep a little one alive and was stressed and tired.

My friend Ashley with her southern drawl says: "he's just tryin' to have lunch with Jesus!"


I couldn't help but smile and chuckle a little.

I take it seriously . . . but sometimes I need a little humor to break it down. It's amazing how much a little chuckle can do to alleviate intense stress.


I find myself sometimes saying:

"You can have lunch with Jesus tomorrow, just not TODAY!"

"Jesus is busy at the moment, please come back until he's ready to see you"

"Stay away from the light"

"BREATHE"

"%&#$*!"

I'm sure you get it ;)


I can't be too hard on them though, I would rather be there too sometimes ;)

The good thing today: Those little babies who repeatedly walk away from the light when I beg and plead!

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. My favorite are my vent babies that try to die... HELLO you have something breathing FOR YOU stay with me buddy! My motto???? Keeping them alive until 0705!

    MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too, just hang in there a little bit longer!

    Good motto ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails