Background

Friday, August 13, 2010

No good, very bad day!

When saying my bedtime prayer last night, I did NOT thank God for the day . . . I was a bit upset and wished the entire day hadn't happened.
However I did thank him for minimizing the damage of the day.

The BAD list!

* Took 3 kids shopping, I had to put their new toys in "time-out" and had to put their noses in the corner. Needless to say, they were awful.

* Got home and found out my husband was turned down for his dream job. This would have meant me being able to cut back hours

* Went to a furniture store when he got home and was embarrassed by my unruly children. The boys knocked over the baby's stroller and gave her rug burn. We left the store with 3 crying children.

* Decided to go find some dinner and relax . . . got in a wreck in the parking lot. Bashed in one of the doors that now has to be replaced. This is the same car we just spent $2400 for a new transmission.

* It took the officer 1 hr and 15 minutes to arrive on scene. My children are crying because they are hungry and tired. We left without eating dinner.

* When we got home I fed the kids ice cream for dinner and put them to bed. We watched "The Simpsons" and enjoyed a couple laughs.

* Couldn't sleep because we were stressed and wired.

Bedtime prayer time . . . I was NOT grateful for the day. But I was grateful we were ok, our car still drives, I don't have to pay to fix it, my husband has a job and my children, though unruly, are good kids. Then I prayed tomorrow would be better!

Guess what day it is . . . Friday the 13th. Sheesh!

The good thing today: 13 has always been my lucky number!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails