Background

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ode to Cary Grant

I don't consider myself a hopeless romantic . . . but there is something about Cary Grant that gets to me every time. I'm pretty sure if he was alive I would be a stalker!

When I'm sick, or finally get a day off work after a long stretch my most favorite thing to do is spend time with my old movies . . . aka Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, Fred Astaire, just to
name a few ;)

My all time favorite is "An Affair to Remember"

Plus I LOVE Kerr

Nickie Ferrante ( Cary Grant ):
"You've been crying."
Terry McKay ( Deborah Kerr ):
"Beauty does that to me."

(picture me sobbing here)

How can you not LOVE this face!?

One of the funniest scenes!

Check out the synopsis:
Handsome playboy Nicky Ferrante and beautiful night club singer Terry McKay have a romance while on a cruise from Europe to New York. Despite being engaged to other people, both agree to reunite at the top of the Empire State Building in six months.
However, an unfortunate accident keeps Terry from the reunion, and Nicky fears that she has married or does not love him anymore. Will he discover the truth behind her absence and reunite with his one true love, or has fate and destiny passed them by?


Here is the ending scene of the movie (WARNING SPOILER):

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/?q=an+Affair+to+Remember%2c+end+scene&vid=4801BDCB19155B9D45364801BDCB19155B9D4536&FORM=VIRE2

The good today: I got off a long stretch of shifts . . . so I will spending some time with Mr Grant today ;)

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails