Background

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What sick looks like at our house!

Having sick kids is rough. Having 3 sick kids after working a night shift . . . is REALLY rough!

My kids know when they are really sick they get to lay on a mattress in front of the TV, have Popsicles and Sprite and watch cartoons all day.


My thought is:

* If they rest they will heal faster
* Pop and Popsicles are an easy way to keep them hydrated
* Junk food makes them complain about "spicy" medicine less
* Keeping them in 1 room makes humidifying the air easier
* Cartoons make everything better!

I get home on Monday morning and my 5 year old asks (while hacking up his lungs)

"am I sick enough to lay on the mattress?"

Considering the chorus of hacking and crying I said:

"YES!"

His smile helped and I promptly ran to the store to pick up "sick day" necessities.


Just thought you might like a little glimpse into our "sick day"

Good thing today: Broke 3 fevers! Yay!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails