Background

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sundays are hard

I work on Saturday nights so by Sunday morning I have been awake for 24 hours . . . needless to say I'm REALLY tired!
I come home, get everyone up, dressed and fed. While the husband showers I attempt to shave my legs, put my eyeliner on straight and put on a skirt. The whole while resisting the urge to crawl back into bed. We have to be there by 9am so Sunday mornings are a bit of a rush as it probably is in most houses.

My boys are 7 and 5, they are gotten used to church and are typically well behaved. My one year old on the other hand HATES church! Honestly I spend more time pacing the halls with her than in any classroom. My goal each Sunday is to make it through the Sacrament.
I figure that's the real purpose of Sacrament meeting is . . . the sacrament! Right? I have 10 minutes of spirituality and then devote the rest of the time to being mommy ;)


The little voices in my head say "go to bed" and "it's not worth 10 minutes of Sacarement meeting". My spirit needs the Sacrament each week and that 10 minutes of spirituality, it feeds my soul and gets me through another week of craziness. Besides, don't we all need a chance to start over once a week?

Good thing on Sunday: I get to start over, and I get a LONG Sunday afternoon nap!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails