Background

Thursday, July 1, 2010

FREE Gigantic "rock"

We bought a house this last spring and the landscaping it decent for the most part except . . . for . . . THIS!

There is this HUGE "rock" made out of gravel and cement sitting in the corner of our front yard as a . . . (cough, cough) decoration (cough, cough).


One sunny afternoon while I was pulling some of the millions of weeds in my front yard an older nieghbor lady wandered by. We exchanged some nice words and introductions.


Then she asked "don't you just love that rock?"


Me: silence (is she joking?, do I laugh?)


Her: The Johnsons who used to live here told me I could have it if I could figure out a way to get it into my yard. (yes, she was serious)


Me: (laughing) You STILL have dibs on it as far as I'm concerned and believe me I will gladly help you if you find a way to get it out of here!


Her: (BIG smile) I want to cover it in chicks and hens.

(I thought she meant ceramic chicks and hens, gratefully my friend informed me they are a ground cover) Whew!


Now that it's summer it's hidden a bit better and I've planted a Wisteria vine in hopes it will smother it!

So, if anyone has a crane and feels like using it, PLEASE message me!


Good in today: found an adoptive mom for my nasty "rock"


Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails