Background

Friday, July 16, 2010

Playing in a Cemetery

The kids and I were waiting for my husband to get out of work and had 45 minutes to kill, no playground in site, and I was tired of spending money.

But . . . I found a cemetery. I saw grass, trees, water, hills and pathways. Just like a park, minus the headstones. We got out and I talked to the boys about not stepping on headstones and let them run and enjoy the sunshine!

Once the ducks were adequately chased they became interested in the headstones and ran from one to another reading names and dates and got REALLY excited when one had flowers. Of course they wanted to know HOW they were buried and if they were skeletons yet. (remember they are BOYS)

Then we found the tiny headstones. Babies loved and lost.


We talked about how sometimes babies die, they were fine with that. As a mother I can't imagine the heartbreak that comes with losing a child, but in their innocence and their understanding of Heaven they were okay with it all.


My mom called while we were there and I told her we were playing there, of course her suggestion was: "You should bring them back at night and let them play hide and seek! A cemetery is a great place for that!"

Yes, she was serious and that's why I love her ;)

No, I won't be taking them back for hide and seek in the dark . . . at least until they are older!

The good today: my kids promised to put flowers on my grave when I die ;)

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails