Background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I'm not a great cook and I won't pretend I know what I'm doing in the kitchen, but I have to share this recipe.


It's summer and my house is 78 degree which means I won't turn on my oven for fear of a heat stroke ;) I pulled out my old crockpot recipe book and did some tweaking. This one is by far my family's favorite.

Pulled Pork

2-3 lbs pork roast

16 oz bottle BBQ sauce

2 Tbsp Hot mustard

Pepper

1 medium onion

2 Tbsp vinegar

Cut pork roast into strips 1 inch wide. Combine 2/3 of the BBQ sauce, mustard, vinegar, onion and some pepper. Place pork into crockpot and stir in the BBQ sauce mixture.

Cook on low for 6 hours. Strain the meat and onion, and “pull apart”. I smash it with a fork and it all falls apart. Mix in the rest of the BBQ sauce and serve on a bun or bread

So, next time it's too hot to cook try the crockpot.

The good today: I OWN a crockpot!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails