Background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Being Fat Finally Pays Off!

I took a good tumble down some cement stairs. It was one of those long falls that allows for thinking along the way. My self dialogue included:

I don't have time for this
Did I just break my leg?
Please don't let me break my wrist, my job would be impossible
I can't take my 3 kids with me to the ER for x-rays



I finally landed on the ground and the nurse in me noted:

I didn't lose consciousness
I can feel my body
I don't think I broke anything

The girl in me dusted myself off as fast as I could to make it look like nothing happened!
Just like Miss USA!


After assessing the damage and the big purple leg I concluded the only reason I didn't snap my leg in half is because it is SO well padded (fat) it absorbed the shock and preserved my bone.

The good thing today: enjoyed a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and didn't feel a BIT guilty!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails