Background

Friday, November 12, 2010

Stairwell Makeover!

My stairwell is dark, plain and the walls are usually
covered in little brown hand prints.

I needed a cheap way to decorate without darkening, so here's what I came up with:


BEFORE stairwell. I added the vinyl bird family on a branch and the leaf is just here to fill space during the fall. Don't mind the stuff at the bottom of the stairs ;) But DO notice the electrical panel on the wall.


I gathered old frames from all over my house. I'm sure you have them, the ones you bought because they were cheap, the wrong color, dented, ect.

Spray panted them with ivory gloss paint. I left the varnish on because I life the distressed look and that did it for me . . . aka no sanding

Filled them with pictures and hung in an asymetrical pattern. Notice they are just high enough so little fingers can reach them

I used double sided craft tape to cover the electrical panel with a picture. I'm planning on replacing it with a hinge.

I loved this idea because it keeps the stairwell light and adds uniformity to the pictures while keeping the price WAY down!

The center wall will still need to be fixed. I was going to leave the birds, put that white cornice above them and top it off with a gorgeous mirror! what do you think?

The good thing today: Double sided tape! REALLY, because what else would i do with that nasty panel in my stairwell?!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails