Background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I guess it's your job"

This week I went grocery shopping with my 3 kids, for explanation of how that usually goes down read here

I'm in the soup isle, trying to find just the right "Chicken Noodle" my daughter is laughing hysterically, my 5 y/o is making a cape out of his coat and my 7 y/o is making fart sounds with his mouth.

In my - I've said this a thousand times today, I'm tired and I'm trying to read this label - voice I said to my 7 y/o.
"Please stop making nasty sounds"

The man to my left, who is also reading soup labels, erupts in a belly laugh.
Because I'm sure NOTHING on that soup can could be that funny I assume he's laughing at me.

So I said:
"I know he's a boy, but SOMEONE has to teach him manners"

He keeps laughing and says:
"I guess that's your job"

Hmmmm, guess so.

You tell you're kids to chew with their mouths shut - even though it will only last 5 seconds
to keep their hands to themselves - again 5 seconds
use their inside voices - until something funny happens . . . in 5 seconds
wipe their muddy shoes before walking onto the clean floor - this never happens
put the dirty clothes INTO the basket - my kids average 50%
don't giggle when someone farts - will this EVER happen!?
Don't wipe their mouths on their sleeves - again with the 5 seconds

I say these things because I'm their mom and SOMEONE has to teach them manners!

Please tell me someday it will sink in and MAYBE they will finish a meal with a clean shirt.

The good thing today: quoted from my 7 y/o "did you know if you clean really fast you get done quicker?!"

I literally head smacked myself

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. I always figure if they aren't crying or pulling things off the shelves it's a good trip. At least they know how to entertain themselves! And better than asking over and over if you have anything else on the list. =)
    One day they may finish a meal with a clean shirt, but they'll spill their plate on the way to the sink and you'll have to clean the floor....I'm pretty sure that's what you're asking for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails